Birthday makeup 2015 (drugstore)♥

♥♥♥
Hello everyone!

So, today I thought it would be nice to show you my birthday makeup as our birthday is quickly approaching. Because I'm sad, I love to plan my makeup for special occasions because I love experimenting with different colours and shades. Sadly, I will be at school on my birthday so instead I am going out tomorrow to celebrate with my family, so this is the makeup I'm planning to wear then as my school doesn't allow large makeup amounts. I've gone quite heavy this time, because if you can't wear a lot of makeup on your birthday, then when can you?! 

Firsty, I will use my Real Techniques expert face brush and my Bourjois healthy mix foundation in the colour vanilla all over my face. I find this amazing for my skin because it can be very dry, and this foundation has large amounts of nutrients and is quite natural.

 

 Over this, I will use my Collection Lasting perfection concealer in the shade cool medium under my eyes and my Rimmel wake me up concealer in classic beige on any red areas. Using collection under my eyes is better as it has a higher coverage and covers darkness more evenly, whereas the Rimmel one has less coverage and can be quite dewy. Again, I will blend this with my Real Techniques expert face brush. 
(Sorry about the shadow, the lighting in my room is rubbish ahaha!)

To contour, I will use my Sleek face contour kit in medium, applying the bronzer to the hollows of my cheek bones and blending up to my temples, and using the highlight above the bronzer, on my cheek bones. You can also put some bronzer on your neck area too. To do this, I will apply with my Real techniques expert face brush and blend with my No7 body and face brush. This will help add depth to my face and hopefully thin it out a little. 

And of corse, I will use my Rimmel stay matte compressed powder in the shade transparent to set my makeup. This is the best powder in the world and the only one I ever use. I will also apply this using a No7 body and face brush.

On my eyes I will begin by using my essence I ♥ stage eye shadow base all across the lid and then softly blend out with my ring finger. This is one of the cheapest bases I've ever come across and is such good quality, however they only sell this in one shade and it is far too dark for me! Therefore, the tiniest amount is needed and I only use this when I'm having quite a dark eye look because otherwise it will show through the eyeshadow. It's important to use your ring finger because it is the softest; using any other finger can tug at your eye and cause wrinkles in the future.

Now for the shadow. To act as yet another base coat, I will use my Maybelline 24hr colour tattoo in the shade On-and-On bronze all over the lid. This will add a browny tint to the eyes with a little shimmer. 
Then, using a taupey brown shade, I will define the crease of my eye by blending this eyeshadow up to the brow bone. The one I used doesn't really have a name; I just bought a nude palette from body care for only £1.50 and it's one in there. This is the palette on Ebay but you can buy it a lot cheaper in store. I used the brown on the right, second to bottom, but it is very similar to the Revlon colour stay in the shade taupe if you are wanting to buy a branded version. I took this under the eye on my lower lash line with an angled brush too.  To highlight, the white shimmery shade in this palette was taken on my brow bone using and angled brush.

Finally for eyeshadow, I will then take the darkest purple shade in my MUA Dusk till Dawn palette and apply to the crease of my eye. Where I went far up to my brow with the brown, this time I will only slightly blend, so the brown is visable underneath. Again, only use the smallest amount because this is really dark and pigmented. You can also take this under your eye if you wish.

For mascara, I just gave my eyes a few coats of my MUA extreme curl mascara for length and curl along with a few coats of my Rimmel Scandal'Eyes mascara for volume. You could add false eyelashes at this stage if you liked but I tend not to bother.
And this is the eye finished look!

For my lips, I will begin by adding my Maybelline baby lips balm hydrate to moisturize my lips. 

After waiting 10 or so minutes, I will then add a coat of my Tanya Burr cosmetics lipgloss in champagne toast to add a nude shimmer to my lips. I decided on only a pale lip because my eyes were quite dark, so dark against dark would be too much.

 And this is my finished makeup look! I hope you enjoyed a slightly longer post today, I just thought it might be nice to share with you my intake on a birthday look. I might post an OOTD, but I will see what time I get to take pictures, because it will probably take me forever to get ready, aha.
♥♥♥
Thanks for reading!
♥♥♥



CONVERSATION

10 comments:

  1. my favorite foundation brush! your eyeshadow looks great :)

    xx danielle // shades of danielle // bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Use that brush everyday! Best one i've had! Hope you had a good birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to try that foundation so bad, but it isn't sold here in the US ): I also need to get my hands on some of the Tanya Burr Lipglosses! Love your blog! New Follower!

    XO, Erica

    www.mymistersmrs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! <3 I've followed you back on blog lovin'. x

      Delete
  4. Make-up all look stunning!!
    http://losingstruggle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. The eyeshadows look very pretty! I would like to try out the essence eyelid base too! :) I recently started my own beauty related blog, I would love for you to check it out, x Josune, Your Beauty Script

    ps: Follow back on Bloglovin if you like? :)

    http://yourbeautyscript.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah of course I will follow you back :) Your blog looks lovely x

      Delete

Back
to top