Pumpkin Carving Antics♥


Halloween. The one time that it actually seems enjoyable to get your hands sticky and covered in pumpkin guts, getting over excited like a child. Pumpkin carving is so creative and it is a task of which I enjoy every time the end of October comes around. I especially love the finished pumpkins with tealights lighting up various rooms in the house, hopefully looking vaguely scary, but most of the time not actually doing so (in my case, anyway...). Not so long ago, we carved our pumpkins to decorate our home and thought we would share our designs with you today.

When carving pumpkins, we cut a hole from the bottom rather than the top. This is a different technique to what I have usually done with my family in the past, but it so much easier! You no longer have that worry that the lid won't fit back into it's original hole, and the bottom can just be discarded, leaving the tealight on the surface you are putting your pumpkin on, rather than the pumpkin flesh itself. (Mmmm...pumpkin flesh...tasty).

The particular pumpkins that we used were from Morrisons for only 50p, which I thought was a bargain. So much fun for 50p, eh? 

This year, I decided to go for a less traditional pumpkin, one of which was not a scary face, but instead an attempted crescent moon with bats.

And my sister, the other owner of this blog, did a more original pumpkin. A scary Halloween face that looks awesome in the dark.


How have you carved your pumpkins this year? Send us photos on twitter, @floralandcoral , we'd love to see your creative ideas!




CONVERSATION

6 comments:

  1. I love carving pumpkins but I hate the sticky goo inside! I love how both of your pumpkins turned out :)

    Sarah | What Sarah Writes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I agree though, the insides are horrible haha x

      Delete
  2. These are fab! I'm so jealous of everyone's brill attempts at carving. Mine was awful, haha! x


    Christina Marie - xtinagsays.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool pumpkin carvings. I hope you had an amazing weekend. Gemma xx
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top