June favourites♥


So it has come to that time of the month again where we aimlessly nag on about our favourites, persuading you into buying and leaving you with one sad bank account, like we have. It has been a good while since we have done a post like this one; we tend to just do them as and when we have lurrrrrrved products, but we do hope from now on to keep our monthy favourites actually 'monthy', as the name suggests. Hope you enjoy!

Makeup

June Makeup Favourites
As we dig deeper into the summer months, I find there is nothing more important than a good eye primer, bright lipstick, darker foundation for that 'tan' (yeah - dream on sistaaaaaa) and a natural eyeshadow! (Let's face it loves, we don't really want over the top eye makeup when it is warm. It is far too uncomfortable upon le sweat when we have sunshine - although I'm obvs in an illusion here in Britain!) 
Maybelline Fit Me foundation
We all love a "2 for £10 on Maybelline" at Superdrug don't we? Don't lie, I know you do. A few weeks ago, Superdrug had this offer yet again, and so we purchased. And oh my I love this! Although we bought the lightest in stock at the time, I do still find this quite dark for my normal skin tone - something that doesn't bother me now but sure would in Winter. So, for you paleies like me, I would say you should go in store and swatch this before purchasing online, but definitely give this a go if you can find an appropriate shade for you! Lasts a long time and is beautifully dewy.
Miss Sporty - My BFF Lipstick in 'My Amazing Fuchsia, 201'
I love this lipstick! We have never been people to rave about Miss Sporty; on the lower end of the drugstore, we've have always just classed them as a cheap brand who's makeup is likely to be bad, before actually trying. Skeptical I know. I guess we're just stereotypes. But, after seeing 'LucyAndLydia' use this in one of their YouTube videos, I knew from then on we would be hooked, and I was sure right. With a perfect, glossy formula, this lipstick is such an easy one to whack on in the summer with a simple golden eye. C'est parfait.
MUA Pearl Mono Eyeshadow in Champagne
At only £1, this eyeshadow is sure one EVERYONE... I REPEAT, EVERYONE has to try. For at least two weeks now, I have found myself constantly being drawn back to rummaging through my collection for this shade; it is such a simple, yet effective colour that I love to wear all over the lid, either on its own and blended into the crease, or with a suble bronze shade, (such as Tanya Burr's Bookworm from her Hollywood palette) blended in in the outer corners. So simple, yet a perfect, natural looking look for summer.
Benefit Air Patrol eye primer
As you can probably tell from the picture above, I actually only have a sample of this. When Benefit was first announcing their release of this new eye primer, they gave the chance for a free sample to be sent over, so of course, we took this chance and entered our details on line. Within a few weeks, I had the sample delivered to my doorstep, and it is only this month where I have actually had the chance to give this a go. But oh my gosh I love it! Definitely something everyone needs for the summer where eye makeup tends to last a little less time, due to general sweat and summer disgustingness. (Especially if you are one to try and stick to the cheaper brands like we are!) 
Maybelline Colour Sensational Vivid Matte Liquid Lipstick  in 05 Nude Flush
Although this is not exactly a bright lip colour particularly dedicated to the summer months, I have become absolutely obsessed with this! The packaging in which we have is also specifically designed for the Olympics in Rio - how cool is that?! We have always been people to reach for the simple nude tones first over the brighter shades, so of course, I had to try Maybelline's new liquid lipstick release. Similar in shade to 'Please Me' by Mac, this lip colour is a perfect one to throw on when you are running late, as it will go with anything and last a good while on the lips. Love it!
05 Nude Flush Vivid Matte Lipstick Maybelline, Miss Sporty BFF Lipstick in My Amazing Fuschia and MUA Pearl Mono eyeshadow in Champagne swatches
From left to right, Maybelline Colour Sensational Vivid Matte Liquid Lipstick in 05 Nude Flush, Miss Sport BBF Lipstick in 'My Amazing Fuschia, and the MUA Pearl Mono eyeshadow in champagne. How gorgeous?!

Skincare

Cetraben cream. 
In terms of skin care, there hasn't really been any new things I have loved this month that I haven't previously mentioned. However, one thing I have recently discovered is a moisturising cream by Cetraben. My skin type is extremely dry; i find applying makeup without it clinging to dry patches difficult sometimes, so a moisturiser that works is definitely something I was in need of. And I think I have found the one! Specifically made for people who suffer with awfully dry skin, like me, or people who suffer with eczema or other skin conditions, this cream works a treat. It is quite thick in consistency and is one that I'd say apply before bed to avoid looking sticky throughout the day, but I can honestly assure you that your skin will feel uh-maz-ing!! We bought ours from my local Pharmacy, but we have linked it on Ebay above anyway if you would rather buy this online for convenience. Totally worth every penny, though!

Books
All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven

'All the Bright Places' by Jennifer Niven, book June favourite

I'm sure it will come to no surprise to you that our main book favourite this month has to be 'All The Bright Places' by Jennifer Niven; it seems to be all over the internet at the moment! Probably due to it being part of Zoella's book club - she does have 10 million subscribers after all. I finished this only this morning and I feel like this book has actually changed me. I won't give too much away, but I see this book as a mix between John Green's 'Paper Towns' and 'The Fault In Our Stars'. Focusing on the main themes of love, loss and mental illness, this book is certainly an eye opener; definitely give this a read if you are a fan of authors like John Green or Rainbow Rowell!

Other
Netflix
Who doesn't love Netflix, you say? And I totally agree, Netflix literally had me hooked from the word go. But lately I have been loving Netflix that little bit more - before I found things to be old and there wasn't much left for me to watch that was too bothered about. But, recently, I have discovered some new favourites: 'A girl like her', a story about a girl who's experience with bullying drove her to suicide (good if you want to bawl); 'Bad education', the typical comedy based around students (excellent if you want to laugh); and season seven of 'Pretty Little Liars'(just perfect for whatever mood lets be honest). One thing I can criticize, though, is the fact that Netflix are yet to release the third series of 'Bad Education' - I am so desperate to watch it but I cannot find it anywhere! If anyone knows where I can find this, please let me know!
Good reads app
This month I have been getting back into my reading again; having exams the past few months limited my reading time so  found myself reading less and less before June. So, with that in mind, I rediscovered the app 'Good Reads' - think Pintrest but for books! Ahhhh my gawwwd. Sounds great, huh? Yep, agreed! You are able to update your progress on current books you're reading, rate them afterwards, create different boards (or shelves as the app calls them) for books you want to read and ones you have read, and follow your favorite authors for new releases. How cool is that - a little tracking device for all of your books?! And, what's better, is that this app costs nothing, so try it out if you love a good book and you haven't already tried this! 

Blah blah blah blah. We will stop now. Well done if you got to the end of this al' mighty post (bloody hell it's not an essay girls - we just really like writing okay) and we hope you enjoy trying out all of these for yourselves.

N&E x


CONVERSATION

20 comments:

  1. So many great things in this post! I'm dying to read All The Bright Places, I've heard so many excellent reviews of it x
    http://www.britishmermaid.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your favourites are so lovely! I recently watched The Secret of Crickley Hall on Netflix and was so gripped - I will have to try that series too! Also Maybelline have some wonderful looking products at the moment, I'm wishing for my birthday to come to try them out haha :D beautiful blog! xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara | (lets follow each other on bloglovin or instagram)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'll have to give that one a go:) Thank you ♥

      Delete
  3. I live for the 2 for £10s in Superdrug hahah! I've heard a lot about the fit me concealer so I think I'll purchase that then the foundation!
    Charlotte // www.charlottespicks.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybelline Fit Me foundation is the best. I've been using it for years now. Great favorites!

    XoXo,

    Tamara - LoveofMode.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard so many great things about the Maybelline Vivid Matte Liquid Lipsticks. I'd love to pick up a few, but I can't seem to find the ingredients anywhere. *sigh* I shall have to hold out until they're available & swoon over everyone's swatches for the time being. Xx

    Tania | When Tania Talks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really loved reading about your beauty favourites, hun! Deffo added some things to my wishlist now based on your lovely recommendations. :) Funny about the Maybelline foundation though, I actually mentioned it in my most recent post, and honestly, it didn't work for me at all! I'm not sure why because everyone raves about it, perhaps it's just my skin type but it didn't give me anywhere close to as much coverage as I'd like. Loving the look of those Vivid Matte lippies! <3 Kisses. x

    Kay
    http://www.shoesandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's strange, because I love it so much! <3

      Delete
  7. Lovely favourites!! That MUA eye shadow sound's wonderful and so affordable too! I love All The Bright Places. Such an interesting read:)xx

    Lauren | itslaurenvictoria.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you<3 Check out the MUA eyeshadow, it's amazing for the price!

      Delete
  8. Such good favourites! That champagne eyeshadow looks gorgeous and so perfect for the summer months :)
    Ambar | Her Little Loves

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything looks interesting. I need to go shopping now :p :)

    fashionabejita.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top