Subtle eye makeup for glasses wearers, all from the drugstore!♥


I don't know if you've noticed, but I'm kinda a little obsessed with eye makeup lately; I think that just a beautiful eye can really change everything about a makeup look, and, let's be honest, any excuse to take a picture of my eyes is worth a shot if you ask me! This post is a bit of an unusual one, but being a wearer of glasses myself I find myself avoiding wearing them as I just think they can make my eyes look smaller, so the perfect makeup to enhance them is definitely something I have been looking for. What actually inspired me to do this was a video from Tanya Burr's YouTube channel a while back, where she also did eye makeup for glasses wearers. It made me realise how much makeup can really change how you look in glasses, so I decided to create my own look that I believed would be perfect to wear if you are also unfortunately as blind as a bat. Be prepared for a lotta lotta lot of pictures, and I hope I can inspire some of you glasses wearers to mix up your eye makeup!

The products I used...

 - Makeup Revolution Redemption Palette Iconic 3: 4th , 6th, 7th and 12th shades across. This is basically the closest dupe you will get to the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette so if you have that but not this, that would do the job too. I've looked online and I think the colours similar to this in the Naked 3 are Limit, Trick, Nooner and Blackheart. 

From left to right: 6th shade, 4th shade, 7th shade and then 12th shade 

- MUA Starry Night palette - the white shimmery shade for highlight in the inner corner and on the brow bone. Any shade you like for highlight will be perfect. 
Makeup Revolution Eyeliner Flick Thick & Thin pen. This is double ended - one end is thick and one is thin, to help you create that perfect wing; something I certainly need help with! Without assistance of a good product I look like a failed cleopatra, and that's saying something. 
It's fairly obvious, but on the left is the result from the thick end, and on the right is the result from the thinner end. How gorgeous, huh?!

How I did this look... 


1) I began by taking the 6th shade from the Makeup Revolution Iconic 3 palette all over my eyelid, using just a flat eyeshadow brush I bought from seventeen a while ago (I don't think they still sell this - sorry!) This shde is 'Trick' in the Naked 3 palette for those wondering. 
2) I then took a mix of 4th and 7th in the crease as a transition shade, to blend out the golden shade, using a blending brush from No7. These are called 'Nooner' and 'Limit' in the Naked 3.
3) Next, I used a teeny tiny amount of the 12th shade very neatly in the crease, and blended. This just deepens your eyes further to create much more definition under your glasses, helping to give the illusion of larger eyes. This is called 'blackheart' in the Naked 3.
4) After this, I then took my eyeliner pen and winged it out, as normal. I'm rubbish at this so I won't talk to much about how I did this; lets leave at it that, shall we?!
5) Once I had done my eyeliner as symmetrical as I could (we all know how hard getting your wings equal is, right?!), I then took the Maybelline Lash Sensational mascara on my top and bottom lashes, along with the Eyelure Enchanted false lashes in 'adored'. These lashes add just the right amount to my eyes; they're not too bold, but not too subtle either, which I adore - get it?
6) Once I had got to this point, I thought what I was missing was a bit of definition under my eye. So, I took a mixture of all of the colours I used from the Iconic 3 underneath my eye, just to enhance and smoke them out them further.
7) At this point, I was just left to do the finishing touches. I just used the highlight shade mentioned above in brow bone and inner corner, which again just helps to give the illusion of bigger and fuller eyes and brows.
8) Finally, I took the Soap and Glory brow artery ('brownie points') in my eyebrows, using primarily the felt tip end. And hey presto, the look was complete!
Of course, make sure to add that skin makeup! I used my Maybelline Fit me foundation, Sleek Contour kit in light for my highlight and contour and the Collection Sheer Loose Powder in 2 Translucent. Simples!

Thank you all so much for coming along, and I do sincerely hope I have inspired some of you to alter your eye makeup to suit your glasses; it makes a huge difference, trust me!

E x

CONVERSATION

14 comments:

  1. Ohh this is just gorgeous! I'm gonna try it today!

    XoXo,

    Tamara - LoveofMode.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love shimmery eyeshadow! It's so pretty :) Thanks for sharing.

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh that Makeup Revolution eyeliner pen looks amazing! I only own a couple things from them, but definitely need to pick that up! Love your eye makeup and your glasses :)

    xx
    Nida | Caked To The Nines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try it; it's amazing! And thank you so much♥

      Delete
  4. I LOVE this makeup look so much!! I adore the eyeshadow and OMG your eyeliner is on point! Super helpful post! I just discovered your blog and I am in love! I just followed you too :D

    Lots of Love from Mollie xxxx - www.theperksofmolliequirk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have the most beautiful eyes! Love the way you did your makeup

    Life is just Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty look! Your eyes look beautiful!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top