A battle of the micellar waters - Nivea or Garnier? | FloralsAndCoralsx

With intriguing Micellular technology, these waters are all the current rage for removing tough, hard to remove, makeup. Not only is it quick and easy, but it is effective and kind to the skin also. 

After the recent beauty blogger hype, we decided to put two drugstore versions of these to the test, and show you the results so you know which one to buy, and to make you more confident that are not throwing your money down the drain.
For this experiment we used exactly the same makeup on each eye (Makeup revolution double flick liner and Rimmel wake me up wonder-full mascara), using only one cotton pad for each.  
Experiments and skin care in one post? Life made.
Micellar Waters Garnier Nivea
'Nivea Sensitive Skin 3 in 1 Micellar Water'
Nivea Sensitive Caring Micellar Water
Those 'one sweep' adverts on the television that Nivea have broadcast portray this as an extremely simple product to use, that is greatly effective. 
We put this to the test, and here are our results...
Before removal:
Winged eye makeup
After removal: 
Removal With Nivea
As you can see here, there is still slight residue on the top lashes and water line. This is to be expected though; we purposely only used one cotton pad to fully put the two to the test! With one more, and a smidge more effort, the makeup will be a goner. 
'Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water'
Garnier Micellar Water
Being our mostly used Micellar, this bad boy had to be a contender. With a 4.5 star rating on boots, this guy gives you high hopes! This is what we found..
Before removal:
Everyday winged liner
After Removal:
Removal with garnier micellar water
Again, we still can see some residue here, yet it is considerably less and it is in a smaller area; this micellar has not spread the makeup around the eye like the nivea did. At a usual RRP (without sale prices) this micellar is approximately £3.00 more anyway, so a better performance is expected completely.

Sounded more like a science assessment than a blog post, but I do hope this was helpful to you. 
Do you like Micellar waters on lazy, 'no cleanse please' days? Which is your favourite? Let us know!
N&E x

(We are considering making these 'battle' posts into a regular series. Would that interest you guys? What else would you like to see be put to the test? Let us know in the comments! 
They're so fun to write!)

CONVERSATION

46 comments:

  1. Thanks for this very detailed and clear review. I haven't used this product yet in either brand and now I'm thinking of getting a bottle.

    www.busyandfab.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, they're so quick and easy!

      Delete
  2. I love micellar waters! I am currently using the Garnier one and I love how it quickly removes my makeup! :)

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Garner Micellar water but I still prefer using makeup wipes. Great post though! I adore your blog so much and I love the fact that there's always something new to read! :D

    Love your blog so much :D

    Lots of love from Mollie xxxx - http://www.theperksofmolliequirk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great post! I prefer Garnier and I never tried that Nivea one but thanks for sharing this, it helps :) x

    www.beautiliciousd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. First ofall I have to say ur eye color and shape is soooo beautiful! Very helpful review. Lovely post thanks for sharing!

    Dominica from www.its-dominica.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great comparative. I use bioderma Micellar water . amazing.
    <3
    ✿thefashionflite

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried that one but I really want to:) Thank you<3

      Delete
  7. I love this post, you should defo keep doing them :) :* xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved this post! Thank you for sharing, I have used Nivea and I think I should try out Garnier xx

    mylifeasmarinaa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've always wanted to try a micellar water! Thanks for the review :)

    Blessings,
    Edye | Http://gracefulcoffee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do, they will be a life changer when it comes to makeup removal, aha!

      Delete
  10. I actually really dislike the Garnier one and I think I'm the only one who does which isn't great. If you're looking for another one to try out you have to try the L'Oreal one it's amazing!
    Charlotte // www.charlottespicks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh I'll have to give that a go then:) It surprises me to hear there's actually someone who doesn't like the Garnier one, aha, I thought everyone loved it! Thanks for the recommendation <3

      Delete
  11. Personally I love the Garnier Micellar water especially because it doesn't sting my eyes!

    XoXo,

    Tamara - LoveofMode.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it's great for sensitivity :)

      Delete
  12. This was such an interesting post ( I'd love to see more similar to this ) I've been using the garnier one which is amaizng but I have wondered if I should try the nivea one so thanks for saving me a lil bit of money !

    lots of love, Marianne xxx

    http://myhappybubblexx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you<3 I will totally do similar to this in the future, I love writing them!

      Delete
  13. I've used the Garnier Micellar water for a while and love it! It's so much more sensitive and light on my eyes, and way less harsh than using face wipes! x

    Amy | The Perks of Being Amy

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like to use the Garnier one, and it does the job well! Micellar waters are perfect for lazy days (of which I have a lot of!).

    Mind checking out my latest - I feature an LYDC bag!

    Alice x
    girlabroadblogs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're great, aren't they?! I'll check your blog out now <3

      Delete
  15. I like using Micellar water even on days that I do clean my face thoroughly! I use the Bioderma one and it's great! :)

    Nicole | In The Life of NM // Enter My Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too, I love to use them before doing my proper cleanse:) I haven't tried that one but I must give it a go<3

      Delete
  16. Miceller water is the best!! so beneficial for the skin

    http://www.carolinapinglo.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. The oil-infused Garnier Micellar water is my favourite! Great post xxx

    ALittleKiran | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh I've never tried that one before, I'll have to give it a go. Thank you:)

      Delete
  18. Great post, I personally loved the scientific feel :) I love the Garnier miceller water, I am still keen to try Bioderma just to see if there is a difference!

    http://www.thebutter.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, so did I hehe! Me too, it would be quite interesting to see if there's actually any difference:)

      Delete
  19. I haven't tried the Nivea micellar water but the Garnier one is my favourite eye makeup remover, I repurchased it countless times! x

    Mummy’s Beauty Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must say I think it's my favourite too:)

      Delete
  20. Such a useful post! I'm thinking of getting the garnier one soon:) Hey you should email me at my blog address, rosiemaearoha@gmail.com as I would love to collab with your blog, it's great xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh haha I forgot to add, www.rosieauthorwriting.blogspot.com xx

      Delete
  21. Love this battle idea! You should definitely make it a regular :)
    I ave never used micellar waters!! (shocked!)
    xoxo

    Ileana

    Novelstyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You really should try them, they're so quick and easy!<3

      Delete
  22. Great reviews of both products, very informative!!
    Have a lovely day :)
    Rosanna x
    Rose's Rooftop

    ReplyDelete
  23. We've been loving micellar water lately, it's just so easy to use!

    ISA Professional

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top