Maybelline 24hr colour tattoo reviews and swatches | FloralsAndCoralsx

I do love a good cream eyeshadow base, don't you? The feeling of being able to whip out that creamy base from the makeup bag in the morning when you've slept in is something we all need in our lives; they are so quick and easy - I don't know what on earth I would so without them! Over the years, I have tried a multitude of cream bases, but I ALWAYS find myself reaching back for my trusty Maybelline 24hr Colour Tattoo's; being so cheap and with such a beautiful colour range, you really cannot go wrong! So, what better to do then share my five favourite shades with you guys?!

Maybelline 24 hour colour tattoos
Maybelline 24 hour colour tattoos
Maybelline colour tattoo swatches eternal gold on and on bronze permanent taupe pink gold metallic pomegranate
Left to right - Eternal Gold, On and On Bronze, Permanent Taupe, Rose gold, Metallic Pomegranate. 
35-On and on Bronze 
Maybelline colour tattoo on and on bronze
Who doesn't love this eyeshadow, aye? Everywhere I look online these days raves about this; it is just the most perfect bronzy shade to wear all across the lid on those days where you fancy quite minimal makeup, but it is equally as beautiful to wear as part of a bronzy smokey eye. Imagine a goldy Greek goddesses eye makeup, and this is what you'll see. Completely versatile, yet so cheap and easy! Can't go wrong, can you?

05-Eternal Gold

Maybelline colour tattoo eternal gold
Again, this is just the most beautiful natural colour for daily wear. Similar to On and on Bronze, but a little more golden rather than bronzy, you may choose to wear this alone or as a base with golden tones (I love to use this with Tanya Burr's Hollywood eye palette - this shade is so similar to 'Gold Coin'). I actually only bought this a few days ago but it has been a firm staple since, as the shade is not only so natural but also makes my blue eyes pop! 

70-Metallic Pomegranate
Maybelline colour tattoo metallic pomegranate
This shade is very much one for the autumn time, although it does look perfect paired with other looks for other times of the year. Shade wise, I would describe this as a browny burgundy colour, with hints of gold shimmer. I wouldn't wear this on it's own as I'm not a fan of dark colours singularly, but with other bronze shades, this is just perfect!

65-Pink Gold 

Maybelline colour tattoo pink gold
I would say this shade is definitely one everyone needs in their Spring makeup collection! This shade is basically what it says in the name - I would describe this as a light pink with hints of gold shimmer running through it. Truly gorgeous, and beautiful to wear with the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette as this shade very much pairs with the pinky tones from this. My favourite way to wear this is all over the lid, with a little of 'Metallic Pomegrante' in the outer corners to darken it up a bit. It takes literally less than five minutes, but gives the impression that you've actually made an effort at life. Amazing!

40-Permanent taupe

Maybelline colour tattoo permanent taupe
This shade is completety unlike all the others I have mentioned.Fully matte and taupey grey in colour, this one again isn't one I would personally wear alone - this is, in my opinion, definitley the kind of thing you want for a smokey eye base.Saying that, this shade is still absoluetly perfect, and makes your eyeshadow last hours on end! Wearing this with a smokey eye really helps bring out the grey tones too, because of it's own grey tones within it. I wore this for my school prom a few days ago, beneath a smokey eye, and it allowed my eyeshadow to last all night long. A must have for all you smokey eye wearers out there!

What's your favourite cream eyeshadow? Let us know in the comments!

N&E x

CONVERSATION

27 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous shades! I got bullied into buying the blue one a couple of years ago but I just can't get on with it, I find it too slidey and creasy for my eyes :( x
    Holly ∣ Closingwinter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? It surprises me that you say that because I find mine are lovely, but I do have quite dry skin so I suppose that could be a reason why they work better for me. Thanks for stopping by<3

      Delete
  2. oooh these all look so pretty and creamy!! x

    Ariadna || RAWR BOWS

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love cream eye shadows! Especially for summer x
    Morgan | www.justmorgs.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. 70- Metallic oh my! I need it in my life!

    www.beautiliciousd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have yet to try those cream shadows. Actually I kind of feel it would make my lids oilier than usual, but hearing it lasts hours, hmm, I might give it a shot.

    Oh Dear Bumblebees

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absoloutely swear by these beauties! They really do last incredibly well. On and on bronze is probably my favourite, such an easy, wearable shade!

    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, your blog is amazing! I love it! xx
    Would you like to follow each other? If yes, please follow me on the both of my blogs and let me know in the comments of my newest posts so I can follow you ASAP.
    Have a great day!

    Vildana from Living Like V & Stalia Is BAE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll check your blog out now <3

      Delete
  8. These eyeshadows are really fantastic quality, perfect as a base or on their own. x

    Mummy’s Beauty Corner

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have actually never tried these! I don't know why since I have always wanted to buy some. Will try to pick up a few soon. The bronze and gold ones look beautiful :)

    What Sarah Writes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh you have to try them! The bronze and gold ones are my faves - they're great for everyday wear <3

      Delete
  10. I don't give mine enough love. I definitely need to dust them off and use them more because I loved them so much when I first picked some up!

    xx
    Nida | Caked To The Nines

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all of these shades they're gorgeous! I'll definitely be getting myself some:)
    .
    http://alice-tilly.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow I want all of these! They are such gorgeous colours! Think I might be getting some haha!
    Rachel
    loveeverythingsparkles.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely pick some up! Thank you for stopping by x

      Delete

Back
to top