Mermaid Inspired Eye Makeup | FloralsAndCoralsx


Ever seen those tutorials floating around youtube where amazing beauty gurus create ultra out there looks and they just look gorge? Yeah, me too. But until now I don't think I've ever been cool enough to rock it. Or even try it for that matter. We are all far too often under misconceptions that makeup should be far too serious; yet one of the most thrilling things for me is just creating a look (with no intentions of leaving the house may I add) and having fun! I'm guilty of it myself, wrapping my thoughts only around the 'safe' golds and browns every day, but if you don't try, you don't know! It may actually look beauts and without giving it a whirl you'd never even notice. It also gives you an amazing opportunity to use those 'scary' colours that some palettes come with. Every product deserves being used!
Mermaid eye makeup

Blue Eye Makeup


Mermaid Inspired, Blue, Glitter, Eye makeup


What I used...
All of the products mentioned here are drugstore, which is the beauty of it. You DO NOT need to spend a fortune to wear bright colours, even though this is a thing we do all believe. (Although splurging on high end is extremely satisfying!)
MUA Starry Night Palette
MUA Dusk Til Dawn Palette
Freedom Pro Strobe Palette
Eyelure Enchanted Lashes In Adored (Limited Edition)
Makeup Revolution Amazing curl Mascara
Collection glam crystals liner in 'le freak' (As a glitter all over rather than an actual liner)
Maybelline Colour Tattoo in 'permanent taupe'
Soap And Glory brow archery in 'brownie points'
MUA Swatches Starry Night and Dusk til Dawn
From left to right - Third Bottom Shade in the 'MUA Dusk til Dawn', Fourth Bottom Shade in 'MUA Dusk Til Dawm', Sixth Bottom Shade in 'MUA Dusk Til Dawn', Second Bottom Shade from 'MUA Starry Night', Miss Sporty Khol Kajal in Luminous Beige.
The shades here I used for bases; a bright eye essentially requires something to stick to. You could just use any desired eye primer for this. Left to right - Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Permanent Taupe, Top Second Colour in the Freedom Pro Strobe (concealer shade).
Collection glam crystals in 'le freak'
Soap and glory brow archery 'brownie points'
From left to right - Soap and Glory's Brow Archery in 'Brownie points' Crayon end, Soap and Glory's Brow Archery in 'Brownie Points' Pen end, Collection Glam Crystals liner in 'le freak'.
Eye swatches bright glitter liner and brows

So, whack on that blue eye shadow, big lashes and glitter liner. Who doesn't want to look like Ariel? I for sure do! Have a bit of fun and let us know how you get on under the sea.

x

CONVERSATION

36 comments:

  1. I love this look, I am going to try recreate it in the week I think! I always love to make new blogger friends by the way, let me know if you would like to follow each other and stay in touch! x

    adelelydia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous eye look Hun, I love the turquoise shades they always look so good!

    Nicole xx | www.nicolesbeautybabble.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been seeing the blue shadow trend everywhere lately but I'm just skeptical as to how it would look on my brown eyes. It looks stunning on you!

    xoxo
    Rina
    http://www.andshedressed.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this look! Beautiful makeup!
    Hugs,
    Love from www.trangscorner.com {a lifestyle, fashion, beauty, and food blog}

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am usually a bit sceptical about blue eyeshadow but this looks lovely! I really like it :)

    What Sarah Writes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful eye look! I love playing with colourful eyeshadows and creating different looks, of course on every day basis is hard to find time for that but on weekends I let myself get creative :) x

    Mummy’s Beauty Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I love getting creative and digging out the shadows I rarely use! Thanks for stopping by <3

      Delete
  7. This brings out the blue in your eyes so much!!
    Charlotte // www.charlottespicks.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm happy to hear I'm not the only one to experiment with makeup, more specifically eyeshadows with no intention of walking out of the house with it on!

    Mind checking out my latest - it's all about my recent adventures in Poland!

    Alice x
    girlabroadblogs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by! And sure :)

      Delete
  9. Oh yes, I'm often admiring tutorials by beauty whizzes and wondering whether to give them a go - I'm glad to see you did and that it turned out SO well! This colour looks so amazing on you, it seriously complements your eyes :)

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow this is so beautiful!! Love the color! :)

    New post on GIRL ABOUT TOWN BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a gorgeous look, you definitely nailed the mermaid inspiration! We have to try this look out when we're feeling adventurous!

    ISA Professional

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love blue eyeshadows and blue eyeliner for summer! It is so beautiful and perfect for summer! Love it! :)

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks lovely! Reminded me that I have a palette with almost the same colors. Thanks for inspiring me to pick it up and play with colors. ;)

    Jorj | Mad Cherry


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe no problem:) Enjoy experimenting!

      Delete
  14. stunning blog post
    XOXO FASHIONSOBSESSIONS | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM FOLLOW MY BLOG ON GOOGLE+ AND GOOGLE FRIEND CONNECT

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pretty!!! I love the blue eyeshadow! x
    Louise | helloteddy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a nice look!

    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. What an amazing look and perfect for this time of year.

    Victoria x
    FlorenceandMary.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Of course the makeup just got me thinking about the blue sea,but your eyes are incredibly beautiful!

    Hugs from Alexandra ~ Impavid Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! It reminds me of the sea too actually, hehe

      Delete

Back
to top