Sleek Solstice Highlighting Palette || Review

Right now the blogging world is all about that highlight, specifically after the previous release of this beauty from sleek. If the magnetically shutting lid and gold packaging doesn't already sell it to you (which it did for me - just imagine how gorgeous it looks on the makeup shelf!) then the range of all four colours, including 3 powders and one cream, will do it. "That's going straight in maaa baaaasket". (Although grammatically speaking it 'went', but hey).

As a palette that claims to give a beautiful sheen all over the body as well as the face, expectations were high. Especially after the numerous blogger girlies of whom I know LOVE it, due to great reviews scattered in every internet crevice. I am NOT disappointed! It's easy to get over excited and show too much enthusiasm really quickly with these new, intriguing releases, only to get home to be majorly disappointed and have the world's biggest 'bag on', but this time was not one of them. (If you don't know the term 'bag on', then i'm sorry, I must remember to stop using my bizarre jargon).


On ze face
As par the instructions on the reverse of the ever so beautiful, 'could be high high high end', matte finished box (I get carried away by boxes okay), my cheek bones here are 'Hemisphere' - a lilac toned high light. I've never used a highlight of this tone before, and I did expect to look purple, like barney bear, but it's actually beauts! *drools*
The brow bone here is 'Ecliptic', the only cream of the lot. I did go slightly over board - the rush of adrenaline when my eyes clocked it got the better of me, sorry - yet it is of a beautiful consistency and pigment. 
The other two shades, 'subsolar' and 'equinox', can supposedly be used for the bridge of the nose, cupids bow, and shoulders. If you buy this yourself, check out the instructions on the back of the box for which shade is designed to go where; I do feel that they've got it right, down to the exact point.

Le swatchlings
Left to right - Ecliptic, Hemisphere, Subsolar, Equinox.
Ecliptic is a cream, the rest powders. 

Beautifully pigmented, long lasting (I even showered and could still see the glow - don't worry though, I did remove before bed, I'm not that naughty), and surprisingly low on the price spectrum. C'est belle. 

Even though I haven't tested the hourglass highlighters, I have seen them in action, and I do genuinely believe that these are just as fabulous - for a fraction of the price (don't ask me what fraction though, I canny do maths. There goes the jargon again!)

If you wanna look beautifully glowing this summer, without looking like a sweaty rag, this is the one to pick up for sure!

Have you tried this? How did you find it? 

N&E x


CONVERSATION

24 comments:

  1. Everyone has been raving about this recently and I'm yet to pick it up! Just image that equinox shade as an eyeshadow, oh my it's beautiful!
    Charlotte // www.charlottespicks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh yeah that would be amazing, I'll give that a go, thanks for the idea hehe! Thanks for stopping by<3

      Delete
  2. I am a highlighter addict and this is in my list to purchase! Shame that I could only get Sleek through online in Canada, I wish they are easily available in stores.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah that's such a same as their products are just heavenly! Thanks for stopping by!<3

      Delete
  3. Looks gorgeous! I think I'll need to go buy this. :)

    thehomeofkate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen so many people loving this palette so I think it's only right for me to get it, haha! Especially as the price is rather wallet friendly :) x

    Mummy’s Beauty Corner

    ReplyDelete
  5. These highlighters look so pretty! I need to check it out :)

    Sarah | What Sarah Writes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely do! They're gorgeous. Thanks for stopping by x

      Delete
  6. I'm glad to hear you were just as impressed with this palette as everyone else - I'm so tempted right now, it's crazy haha. Also, totally with you on appreciating the gorgeous gold packaging! ;)

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You HAVE to buy it, it's just too stunning, ahaha!

      Delete
  7. Great post, thank you for reviewing this! I really need to get my butt into action and try out Sleek goods. I love the look of the Ecliptic! XX
    www.sopherina.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've never tried sleek? Oh my gosh they're such a great brand! Defo try them x

      Delete
  8. I so want to try it but I am not really into cream highlighters that's why I am hesitating. Packaging and everything else about this products looks beautiful, I don't know how long I can resist :)

    Ela BellaWorld

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never really tried cream highlighters until this but I've decided they're a winner for me!thanks for stopping by x

      Delete
  9. That is one gorgeous palette - looks so pretty on you! x

    Evelyn @ We Were Raised By Wolves

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been looking for this everywhere!! I really want to buy it! This is soo pretty!! Lovely post <3

    Amelia | Amelia Grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is isn't it:) If you live in the UK you should be able to find this in Boots or Superdrug :)x

      Delete
  11. I've just done a post on this!! It's amazing isn't it!

    poppyrkay.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've seen this palette on so many blogs recently & it is stunning! xx

    Beautylymin| Abercrombie & Fitch First Instinct Giveaway

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top