Benefit Gimme Brow Shade 5 || What I think

These magazines are so on point with their free samples just recently, specifically after the launch of the new benefit brow range; every time I pop into a good ol' supermarket and take a browse at the magazines I can see benefit staring me in the face. "You do need me. I'm free!". 
For only £2.00, August's glamour magazine offers you a free gimme brow (sample sized of course), so how could one say no? One cannot. You also get free Garnier ultimate blends hair balm sachet to try too so it's win win. Even if it is just making you spend more in boots when you decide you like the product too much to leave alone.
Prior to this cutesy sample I've never tried gimme brow - I'm one of those people who refuses to pay a lot of money for products that they could easily find at the drugstore for cheaper prices, no matter what the raves on other blogs are like. (Although it is very difficult to resist, believe me). 
Upon opening the gimme brow for the first time I was really surprised at how super teeny tiny the applicator is, which is perfect, allowing you to shape your brows neatly and concisely. Grabbing every last stray hair and lasting a long time, gimme brow allows you to have 'on fleek' yet 'non caterpillar' eyebrows that look super natural - just what I'm all about. I'm not about the insta brows, even though they are gorgeous. (To be honest they just don't look quite right on my face, but I severely wish they did).

Since the revamped packaging, I'm not sure if the formula has changed or not, as this was a thing before the new range. Let me know if you know, I'd love to find out. 
Of course, the only down side to magazine samples are colour ranges. The actual benefit brow products come in 6 shades, from 1-6, 1 being the lightest and 6 the darkest. Pretty self explanatory really.  In the store I was at there was only two options, 2 or 5, and as I am brunette 5 was the one that scored. I would say that perhaps a 4 may be better for me, but non the less, I can still get away with this and I just REALLY needed to try the formula. (Which is fabulous).

Have you tried the Benefit Gimme Brow? How did you like it? 

N x

CONVERSATION

35 comments:

  1. I feel like we're now twinning because I got the exact same shade in the same magazine (I know loads of people did but still) I really like it I think it's brilliant!
    Charlotte // www.charlottespicks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! We're so twinning! It's amazing isn't it?!x

      Delete
  2. I got the wrong shade (1) but I still use it to keep the brows in place and it doesn't look bad with my black brows :)

    Ela BellaWorld

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nicer than I thought it would be:) thanks for reading x

      Delete
  3. Whaaaat! Free sample. I'm not sure if our glamour magazine here in the state have that...but I'll have to go check now because I love benefit
    thanks for sharing and for stopping by my blog
    xo
    http://thejoifullife.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely go and have a look! No problem, thanks for stopping by x

      Delete
  4. Very nice blog :)

    Would you like to follow each other on GFC and Google +?
    I'll follow back after it
    Come visit → PANAMA ASTI


    Have a nice day !

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is definitely a great deal, I would go for it as well!

    www.beautyfromkatie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got this too and liked it so much I went back for a second!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Been wanting to try benefit products!

    Lou of, Steal the Style

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so inspiring! I love the post:)

    www.irenethayer.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh I've just ordered a sample of this! I hope it's as good as everyone says it is lol x

    ♡ itsjessiejane ♡

    ReplyDelete
  10. I unfortunately got the lightest shade which is totally wrong for my brows! But it is still great for holding my brows in place :)

    Sarah | What Sarah Writes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, ours is slightly off too but it still works a dream! Thanks for reading xx

      Delete
  11. Such a gorgeous freebie! Magazines definitely seem to be upping their game lately, and it's nice to see amazing products like Benefit's Gimmie Brow being part of that process :)

    Sophie | soinspo xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah definitely, Elle have a "dew the hoola" sample right now too - Amazing! Thanks for reading x

      Delete
    2. I LOVE gimme brow, it's one of my absolute favourites xx

      Gemma ♡ Miss Makeup Magpie

      Delete
    3. Me too, although I do need to buy the proper shade for me! Thanks for reading x

      Delete
  12. Wow its great that they including this as a free sample with the magazine purchase. I have the original Gimme Brow and love it to death it is just a super easy way to get your brows on point in a short amount of time.

    Nicole xx | www.nicolesbeautybabble.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've tried their new eyebrow pencils and I love it!

    Kisses,
    BLOG | TAISLANY

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really want to try out the range! I usually use the MAC eyebrow pencil!
    Have a lovely day :)
    Rosanna x
    Rose's Rooftop

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've never tried this before, I love getting free samples! :)


    Florals&Smiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And me, it's fab! Thanks for stopping by x

      Delete
  16. I got this sample too & I love it! The old Gimme Brow was really good so I simply had to buy this magazine sample haha. The brush size is SO GOOD! Loved this post!

    Dani Xxx

    Dani-Janie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top