July Faves || FloralsAndCoralsx

Another month of all of our lives is again officially over, which actually seems quite depressing, but let's lighten that up with a favourites shall we? You know, those notorious posts that every blogger gets excited to tap away on the 30th/31st? Yeah them. 

This month is less about that makeup and beauty and more about those TV shows and lifestyle choices, which is quite refreshing to say really, even if that is just because I've been too bankrupt to splurge in boots as I would on a more frequent basis. *cries*

Beauty&Makeup:
PRIMARK EYE BLENDING BRUSH
There may not be many beauty faves this month, but let's kick this off with showing you three faves anyways, shall we? For months on end now I have been searching for that wallet friendly eye blender that doesn't just either shed bristles over your face or turn all scratchy after one wash (you know the feeling gals?), without spending £20 on 4 real techniques ones when really I only want one in the set - and I think I've found the one. At only £1 this Primark eye blender is honestly one of the best out there that I have so far tried - from Makeup Revolution eye brushes to my ever so loved No7 eye contour brush, this has it all covered. With soft, lightweight bristles it helps to blend your shadow seamlessly, and I have washed this and it's so far holding up. What a great find!
SLEEK SOLSTICE
We all know this palette has been cropping up all over beauty bloggers sites recently, and if you haven't seen this before, where on earth have you been!? This palette is honestly THE BEST highlighter kit I have tried, ever, and I've used some pretty damn fleeky highlighters in my time. And for £9.99 you seriously cannot complain, with one captivating cream shade and three thrilling powders. If you want to read more we dedicated a whole post to this (yep, the product is that great) and you can read this here.
MAYBELLINE COLOUR TATTOO 24HR CREAM EYESHADOW - ETERNAL GOLD
Who doesn't love a stunning golden cream shadow on a lazy day, huh? Again retailing at a cheap £4.99 this maybelline range includes honestly one of the nicest cream shadows in the drugstore, yet still one of the cheapest. Again, we have spoken more about this over on this post so you're welcome to find out more there. What I will say though is that the pigment in this is very subtle compared to the intensity of the glitter, so if you're less about the glitter and more about the pigment I would stay clear. But for me, this is a hit which is so gonna be repurchased! Goes perfectly with the solstice palette too; that golden, highlighted look is what I'm all about right naaa. 


Boredom busters:
(yes, okay that title does sound like an action packed film from last century..)
BAKING FLAPJACKS
With us now being in the deepest depths of the Summer holidays, what we're not blind to is days in where the outdoors is gloomy and there is nothing left for us to do other than lie miserable all day. And that, my friends, is where baking comes in (so much so I'm actually becoming quite concerned about my health from all of the yummy treats. High blood sugar and cholesterol is never something to desire.) But Tanya's smarties flapjacks from Tanya Bakes are just far too much to resist! They are honestly the tastiest flapjacks I have ever tasted and are so easy to make!
A BIG WARDROBE CLEAR OUT
This is a tad random, but it makes me feels so great to rummage through my clothes and say goodbye to my oldies, you know? Especially when it is peeing it down outside... it's so therapeutic! There's truly nothing like that satisfaction of knowing my old clothes will one day be bought in a charity shop and the money will go towards helping others. So kids, go and through your clothes... and be brutal! That 19th century scarf that you haven't worn since the 1900's isn't something you need, is it? 

TV shows:
BRIAN COX FORCES OF NATURE
Who doesn't love a good bit of science, huh? (Well most people don't, but whatevs). It's not often I actually watch TV - I'm more a Netflix/PLL (okay, just PLL) gal - but when I saw that Brian Cox had a new documentary on BBC1 I could not contain my excitement. There's just something about sitting cosy one night with the fam and learning something new that gives me feels. With four fantastic episodes you have the pleasure of four fantastic hours of science; what's not to love ay? You can watch this here on BBC iPlayer if you missed it.
FRIDAY NIGHT DINNER SERIES 4
Again, finding out this was back was another 'cannot contain my excitement' moment for me. I was a MASSIVE FANGIRL over the other series and I have to be honest, this series isn't an exception. Watching a family sitting over 'Friday night dinner' (that's legit what it is) is so relatable and therefore really comforting to watch. The idea of it coming back made me think 'SHIT ON IT' better put that in the diary (only watchers will get that reference).  If you missed the first episode you can watch it on All 4 here, but otherwise it is on Channel 4 every Friday at 10pm. 

Very hefty post, but we hope you've enjoyed noising through our faves of the month as much as we've loved sharing them!

What have you loved this month? Do you love any of these things? Let us know! 

N&E x


CONVERSATION

22 comments:

  1. I have to try that primark brush, I've been meaning to buy a couple more eye ones, who knew the primark ones would be so good! And yessss I like Brian Cox, I'm going to start watching Forces of Nature tonight!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The primark brushes are amazing surprisingly! And enjoy your science tv fix ;)x

      Delete
  2. I never knew primark did brushes, only the huge kabuki one! Friday night dinner is my favourite! I'm so glad that they've got a new season out!
    Charlotte // www.charlottespicks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And me! It's my ultimate fave! Thanks for reading x

      Delete
  3. I really want that Sleek highlighting palette! It looks amazing! If only it was easier to get ahold of here in the States. I'd be all over it :)

    xx
    Nida | Caked To The Nines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a shame that you struggle to get sleek; I adore the brand! Have you looked into Feelunique.com? I'm fairly sure that they stock sleek and they do world wide shipping. Thanks for reading x

      Delete
  4. Omfg I LOVE Friday Night Dinner and I had no idea it was back on OMG!!! I'm gonna watch it on catch up now lol! X

    ♡ itsjessiejane ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! I love it! You've only missed two episodes :) Thanks for reading x

      Delete
  5. Sorting out my clothes it is very therapeutic and I always feel so good when I do so or de-clutter my makeup collection :) x

    Mummy’s Beauty Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! It's so satisfying, especially when I give things to friends or charity. x

      Delete
  6. I love colour tattoo and I love the Sleek Solstice palette too. It is just gorgeous for highlighting especially a paler skin!
    Great post!
    L x
    thequietresolution.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bought two primark beauty blenders and I have been really liking them. The cream shadow looks beautiful :)

    Sarah | What Sarah Writes

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Maybelline colour tattoo shadow just look gorgeous! I've been loving gold shadows so I'll definitely have to check this one out! Thanks for sharing gal x

    TOUCHOFGUCCI // BLOGLOVIN


    TOUCHOFGUCCI // BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great faves! Thanks for sharing babe!

    Lots of Love,
    BLOG | TAISLANY

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seriously days are passing so quickly and we are getting closer to new year! I still haven't tried Sleek highlighter palette, I am not a fan of cream highlighters but I want to check it out! I need to clear out my wardrobe too, so there's a space for new things :) x

    Ela BellaWorld

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! How is tike going so fast? You should definitely try the sleek and clearing out is so therapeutic. Thanks for reading x

      Delete
  11. That Sleek highlighter palette is absolutely stunning!

    Emily xo
    www.emilynewstead.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top